Gaim Over

Friday 25th August, 2006
Last night my Gaim IM client crashed. Not entirely unusual for an application to crash, although it had been stable to this point. I restarted and it crashed again. Rebooted, crashed again. Always at the same point of authentication. I switched back to native IM clients until I had time to investigate further.

This morning I uninstalled and reinstalled Gaim..no luck still crashing. So I went a little further and deleted all my user preferences and account details to reconfigure Gaim from scratch. All worked fine...until I configured my MSN messenget account...boom...it crashed again. One quick google later and we find it's a known issue that just started happening. The new beta fixes this apparently, I'm off to download.

Comments/Trackbacks [5]